CALL FOR COMMENTS
The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) is continuing to refine and clarify the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework) as a fundamental reference resource that is agile, flexible, modular, and interoperable. As such, a review of the NICE Framework data - Competency Areas, Work Roles, and Task, Knowledge, and Skill (TKS) statements - is in progress and we are pleased to announce that the initial review of Knowledge and Skill statements is ready for your feedback!
Updated Knowledge and Skill statements are here!
Draft updated Knowledge statements and Skill statements are available for public review and comment. Adjustments address:
- Alignment with TKS Authoring Guide principles
- Unnecessary redundancies or duplicates
- Inconsistent and unclear language
As a result of these adjustments, the TKS building blocks are more measurable, meaningful, and useful. Please note that this process will be an iterative one, and the NICE Program Office will conduct a full review of the updated Knowledge and Skill statements and the refactored Ability statements (previously released for comment) as a whole following comment adjudication.
We want to hear from you!
Comments on the updated Knowledge and Skill statements should be submitted by email to NICEFramework@nist.gov by 11:59pm ET on June 3, 2022.
- Read the Summary of Updates
- Download and comment on the draft updated Knowledge statements and Skill statements spreadsheet (XLSX)
- Submit comments to NICEFramework@nist.gov
- Visit the NICE Framework Resource Center