NICE is continuing to refine and clarify the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework) as a fundamental reference resource that is agile, flexible, modular, and interoperable. As such, we are pleased to announce that refactored Task statements are ready for your review and feedback!
Proposed updates to the NICE Framework Task statements follow the principles set forth in the Task, Knowledge, Skill (TKS) Statements Authoring Guide for Workforce Frameworks. Updates include improvements for:
- Consistency: Statements follow a common structure that begins with the activity to be executed and focus on the work to be done (not the knowledge or skills needed to do that work)
- Clarity: Statements are clearly stated
- Redundancy: Statements are unique and do not duplicate or unnecessarily overlap with others
- Compound statements: Statements do not include more than one task
Once the Task statement comments are received and adjudicated, NICE intends to release a full, updated set of TKS statements for use with the NICE Framework, including a mapping of the 2017 statements to this updated data set.
We Want to Hear from You!
Comments on the proposed updates to Task statements should be submitted by email to NICEFramework@nist.gov by 11:59 pm ET on January 29, 2024.
- Read the Task Statement Summary of Updates
- Review the refactored Task statements (clicking the link downloads an XLSX file)
- Submit comments to NICEFramework@nist.gov by January 29th
- Join the NICE Framework Users Group to join community discussions
- Visit the NICE Framework Resource Center for additional information