The National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Program Management Office (NCAE-C PMO) and the Maryland Innovation and Security Institute (MISI) will co-sponsor the National Cybersecurity Education Colloquium (NCEC) at Moraine Valley Community College (near Midway Airport), September 18-22, 2023. The event will combine several previously autonomous events and opportunities for schools, government representatives, industry, and other innovators to collaborate and learn together. The PMO will engage partners at FBI, CISA, DoD, NSF, NICE, CYBERCOM, and Space Force.
Monday, September 18
- Hack the Building 2.0 Hospital Edition. MISI will conduct a preliminary virtual cyber exercise March 20-24 and March 27-31. From this exercise, the PMO will sponsor 12 NCAE-C teams to participate live in the competition, Monday through Thursday, September 18-21. Visit Hack the Universe to register.
- The NCAE-C Initiatives Workshop. All coalitions working on grants issued in FY20 through FY23 will meet to provide updates and collaborate. Grants will either provide final results, an update on progress, or plans and objectives depending on the status of their grant. All initiative coalition partners are welcome to participate.
- Conference Track. MISI and the NCAE-C PMO will host a wide variety of speakers focused on healthcare cybersecurity issues, national cybersecurity education challenges and programs, and senior leaders from across government and industry through Thursday, September 21.
Tuesday, September 19
- The annual PMO Meeting will welcome all NCAE-C POCs and institution representatives. This is the annual business meeting with discussion on upcoming updates to the program and will include Community of Practice (CoP) meetings for CAE-CD, CAE-CO, and CAE-R CoPs.
Wednesday, September 20
- Conference Track will expand to two tracks
Thursday, September 21
- The Executive Leadership Forum (ELF) will welcome Presidents and Executives from designated NCAE-C institutions. This will be a by-invitation event. NCAE-C POCs should visit the program management tool and make sure all contact information for the President and the POC is up to date. Invitations will be issued in March once primary speakers and the program have been determined.
- The PMO will host Special Interest Groups focused on specific topics hosted by guest leaders in government, with emphasis on research and mission elements. These will be small group sessions requiring pre-registration.
Friday, September 22
- CAE-R Research Symposium agenda coming soon
- The PMO will provide opportunities for POCs to meet individually with PMO and government personnel.
- The seventh annual National Cybersecurity Virtual Career Fair, hosted by the CAE in Cybersecurity Community and the National Cybersecurity Training and Education Center (NCyTE). Please visit caecommunity.org for updates.
MISI will offer a variety of classes for students, faculty, and other participants Monday through Wednesday, September 18-20. Topics will be announced in March and will require pre-registration.