NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS MONTH KICK-OFF TOWN HALL
Event Information and Registration
Intended audience: Members of the Critical Infrastructure community in Region VII (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska) to include private sector & federal, state, local, and tribal representatives.
Date and Time: Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020 at 11 am – 12 pm (CDT)
Overview - Key Pillars of Cybersecurity
• National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is recognized each October to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity across our nation and ensure that all Americans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online.
• Current events have taught us even more about the need for a collaborative effort between government and industry to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity and to ensure all Americans have the resources they need to be safer and more secure online.
The town hall will have the following CISA cybersecurity subject-matter experts on hand to discuss NCSAM and the importance it has for critical infrastructure across CISA Region VII:
• David Teska, Regional Sector Outreach Coordinator, CISA Region VII
• Benjamin Scribner, NCSAM Campaign Lead, CISA
• David Kuennen and James Tipton, IT Cyber Security Specialists, Election Security Initiative, CISA National Risk Management Center (NRMC)
• Geoff Jenista, Cybersecurity Advisor, CISA Region VII
"DO YOUR PART. #BECYBERSMART”
Send questions for speakers ahead of time to: CISARegion7@hq.dhs.gov