California State University, San Bernardino is a leader in developing the cybersecurity workforce of tomorrow. CSUSB's Cybersecurity Center has applied innovative approaches to creating curricula that meets the needs of the next generation of cybersecurity leaders, preparing the nation to address the exponential threat cybersecurity represents to the global economy. CSUSB's cybersecurity program provides cutting-edge skill sets and was one of the first colleges and universities in California to offer a baccalaureate degree in cybersecurity.
Rep. Jim Langevin has dedicated his time in Congress to a myriad of cybersecurity issues, and securing our nation's technology infrastructure against cyber attack is a top priority for the Congressman. As the co-founder and co-chairman of the bipartisan Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus, he led the way in raising awareness of cybersecurity issues in Congress and fostering dialogue and debate on the critical questions surrounding this topic. He co-chaired the Center for Strategic International Studies (CSIS) Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency. He is a member of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission.
Chris Inglis is a former Deputy Director of the National Security Agency, currently serving as the Looker Distinguished Visiting Professor of Cyber Studies at the United States Naval Academy. He began his career at the NSA as a computer scientist within the National Computer Security Center and was promoted to the agency's Senior Executive Service in 1997. He is a member of the Cyberspace Solarium Commission.
The Cyberspace Solarium Commission (CSC) was established in the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2019 to "develop a consensus on a strategic approach to defending the United States cyberspace against cyber attacks of significant consequences." The finished report was presented to the public on March 11 and includes recommendations on cyber workforce issues.
11:30 a.m. PDT, 2:30 p.m. EDT:
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- The Honorable Pete Aguilar (D-CA), Vice Chairman, House Appropriations; Member, Subcommittees on Defense and Homeland Security; Member, Congressional Cybersecurity Caucus
- Dr. Tomás Morales, President, California State University, San Bernardino
11:45 a.m. PDT/2:45 p.m. EDT:
Creating the Next Generation Cybersecurity Workforce
- The Honorable Jim Langevin (D-RI), Chairman, Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities; Member, House Armed Services Committee; Member, Cyberspace Solarium Commission
- Dr. Tony Coulson, Executive Director, Cybersecurity Center, CSUSB
- Chris Inglis, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency; Looker Distinguished Visiting Professor of Cyber Studies, United States Naval Academy; Member, Cyberspace Solarium Commission
- Moderator: Norma Krayem, Vice President and Chair, Cybersecurity, Privacy and Digital Innovation, Van Scoyoc Associates
12:20 to 12:50 p.m. PDT/3:20 to 3:50 p.m. EDT:
Moderated Audience Question and Answer